This blog is devoted to my John Welsford designed 15' Navigator yawl Ellie. I built her in my garage over a period of 18 months and launched her in 2011. She sports a sliding gunter main, roller furled jib and sprit-boomed mizzen. Her construction is glued-lapstrake over permanent bulkheads and stringers. This blog is a record of her construction and her voyages here in the Puget Sound area and (hopefully) a useful resource for fellow Navigator builders.

Friday, May 21, 2021

Daysailing Videos

Here are some videos I made from some of my local daysails.

During the summer, I daysail out of Everett, Washington once or twice a week on a regular basis. I've daysailed well over 1,000 miles here alone.

Possession Sound is an interesting place to sail.  It's got shipwrecks, whales, a navy base, the largest marina on the west coast, a large osprey nesting ground, a river estuary loaded with crab and salmon, tricky tides and currents, State and County parks, an indian reservation, beautiful views of mountain ranges all around, a private island, passenger ferries, and an island with sandy beaches that make you think you're in Hawaii.

I hope you enjoy these videos.  I plan on making more.  I'm a complete beginner at video making, so I apologize in advance for that.  But I hope you enjoy them nonetheless.