We passed another major milestone this weekend - installation of the final plank - the sheer strake.
I decided to minimize the number of splices in this strake, because I am hoping it will look good enough to varnish. Since the Navigator is a 15' boat, I was just barely able to make the sheer strakes using one scarf joint in the middle. I figure one splice looks better than two.
I tried to do the best job I could with the scarf joints. They look nice and clean but I won't know for sure until after they're faired and a coat of epoxy is applied. If it doesn't look good, I can always paint it or apply a vaneer.
But for now, time for a beer!