This blog is devoted to my John Welsford designed 15' Navigator yawl Ellie. I built her in my garage over a period of 18 months and launched her in 2011. She sports a sliding gunter main, roller furled jib and sprit-boomed mizzen. Her construction is glued-lapstrake over permanent bulkheads and stringers. This blog is a record of her construction and her voyages here in the Puget Sound area and (hopefully) a useful resource for fellow Navigator builders.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ellie at Play

Stayed home from work today because I wasn't feeling well. Took advantage of the day off to try and teach myself some basic video editing skills.  I'm still terrible at it, but it feels like I made a little progress. Have a look and tell me what you think. At least the music is good.  I'm a big BMG fan.  I love the sweet sound of PVC.

2 comments:

  1. ah my boy - you have well developed video editing and video story boarding skills
    that is one smart video with some well thought out camera shots
    what are you using to mount your video camera on?
    BMG - yeah - i can dig your music choices! although my welsh soul took a little getting use to it! I'm a valley boy male voice choir type at heart!
    one of the best little sailing vid's i've seen in a long time you have talent
    get better! take marmite!

    steve
    arwens meanderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve
      Storyboarding? uh, well, actually I just keep re-arranging the video clips around at random until I get something that doesn't look horrible. Is that an acceptable technique, or is that proper marmite? As for music created using indoor plumbing, you either love it or you hate it. Thankfully I've run out of marmite jokes now. My camera mount is called a Joby Gorillapod. I love it.

      Delete